For all Teaching Staff in school settings or leaders of activity and youth groups who have responsibility for taking groups of people on activity outings
Duration: 1 Day
When a member of school staff makes the decision to use a physical intervention with a pupil it is essential that they are clear on the justification for their intervention. This is the focus of our training and advice, good decision-making based on the current guidance.
- The Law and in relation to the use of physical force for the purpose of controlling and restraining pupils.
- The relevant Sections of the Education and Inspections Act 2006 in relation to the use of force to control and restrain children.
- The recent Guidance for Schools in England issued in 2011 and 2012.
- How to minimise the risk of death by positional asphyxia and the risk of injury to staff and children.
- The Health and Safety.
- What techniques should not be used, consistent with guidance.
- How to apply the appropriate physical skills competently for the purpose of controlling a violent child.
CALL US NOW on 0845 226 2407 to help us better understand your EXACT training needs or email email@example.com