Our 1-day certified Positive Handling training course is designed for any educational staff who work with children and young people. The course was developed specifically for the physical intervention and de-escalation needs in schools and is delivered nationally in both primary and secondary schools settings.
For all Teaching Staff in school settings or leaders of activity and youth groups who have responsibility for taking groups of people on activity outings
Duration: 1 Day
When a member of school staff makes the decision to use a physical intervention with a pupil it is essential that they are clear on the justification for their intervention. This is the focus of our training and advice, good decision-making based on the current guidance.
Topics covered on your Positive Handling Training course
- The Law and in relation to the use of physical force for the purpose of controlling and restraining pupils.
- The relevant Sections of the Education and Inspections Act 2006 in relation to the use of force to control and restrain children.
- The recent Guidance for Schools in England issued in 2011 and 2012.
- How to minimise the risk of death by positional asphyxia and the risk of injury to staff and children.
- The Health and Safety.
- Consistent with guidance.
- How to apply the appropriate physical skills competently for the purpose of controlling a violent child.
We specialise in the education sector and can modify elements of our delivery to ensure your staff receive relevant guidance, specific to their setting, e.g. primary, secondary or early years settings.
Individual delegates and clients have the opportunity to communicate freely with us on how we can improve. As a result, we receive very favourable feedback consistently. As a result of our Positive Handling Training, we receive very favourable feedback consistently.
Check our Blended Positive Handling Training